Finally finished my British Platoon, all the figures are plastic from Warlord games.
These figures I describe as Good, Bad and Ugly.
Bad because of the time spent putting all the pieces together.
Ugly because of the amount of glue residue on my hands and the strong smell of glue in the air
Good because of the numerous pieces, it gave me, a artistic license to be creative.
Having said that I am well pleased with the results.
I have based the figures on Magnetic sheets.
To improve the look of the figures:
- I added straps to the helmets and the rifles,SMG and Brens.
- with the meshed helmets supplied, I added rags over the mesh with Green Stuff.
- There was a limited number of poses available so I improvised by chopping and reattaching legs and arms to create more interesting poses.
- I wanted the Bren team to be easily recognizable when mixed in with the Rifle team, so I converted the 2 crew members accompanying the Bren gunner. Both are carrying their rifles in addition one in holding a Bren Magazine while the other is holding the Bren spare barrel pack.
- The commander of the Platoon was equipped with a pistol attached to a lanyard around his neck.
The Platoon includes:
2 x Senior Leaders
3 x Sections each with 1 Junior Leader,3 man Bren team and 6 man Rifle team
As this Platoon is constructed for Chain of Command game a 2"mortar team and PIAT team.
accompany the Platoon as support elements.
|Section made up of Junior Leader,3 man Bren team and 6 man rifle team.|
|The poses of the 2 crew members accompanying Bren are easily recognized when mixed in and in close proximity with the Rifle team.|
|Bren Gunners with slightly different poses.|
|Image showing all the crews accompanying the Bren gunners.|
|They are based on square bases for easy recognized on the gaming table.|
|As mentioned above follow the same steps to achieve the pose on the right. Note trimming the front underside of the boot with also alter the posterior of the figure.|
|Container housing the Platoon.|
|The figures are all set on magnetic bases and the floor of the metal box acts as a good anchoring point for storing and transporting.|
|The Red Section has just been deployed.|
The container I used is one my favorite biscuits, "Wagon Wheels" these tin boxes are usually sold cheap just after Christmas or some major holiday in super markets.
I lightly sanded the tin, primed it and painted it black.